Foodie Friday: Show your Easter spirit this weekend with this easy to make egg shaped tart. Top with fruit for a guilt free indulgence.
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep: 45 minutes
Serves: 12 – 16
- 1 batch sugar cookie dough (store bought)
- 350 grams cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of sliced fruit for decorating. We used grapes, strawberries, orange, mango, blueberries, banana, and raspberries but any fruit is fine.
- Roll the cookie dough into a large 1⁄4″-thick oval (about 12″ long) and chill. Use a small sharp knife to trim into an egg shape. Bake according to recipe directions.
- Once cool, make the frosting. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl on low speed until smooth. Add the sugar and beat on medium speed to combine. Add the vanilla. Spread the frosting onto the cookie, then decorate with the fruit.