G-shaped kitchens are ideal for large families with busy lifestyles who love to cook and entertain. They are great if you have a large open space to work with and offer the benefits of extra storage and bench top space. The G-shape kitchen layout provides the same efficiency of a U-shaped kitchen but has an extra unit attached, which can be utilized as extra preparation space, an eating area or kitchen bar.
- Bench top Space. The forth leg of a g-shaped kitchen allows for multiple people to comfortable work in the space without getting in the way. The concept of the kitchen work triangle can still be accommodated to.
- Layout. It is important not to design a g-shaped kitchen to feel closed in. This can be prevented with large open windows and open views to the rest of the living space in your home. A kitchen bar at the entrance with no under-cabinets creates a lighter and welcoming feel; add slender stools to complete the look.
- Storage. Kitchen storage is never compromised in this large kitchen layout. With only one entrance and walk-through zone, there is plenty of room to install extra cabinets and cupboards as well as a floor-to-ceiling pantry without closing in your kitchen.
- Dining. The G-shaped kitchen allows for a practical design element of bench space doubling as an in-kitchen dining area and extra workspace. In a busy household or large family, an eat-in kitchen is a priority.
- Entertaining. G-shaped kitchens are appealing for large homes as the circular layout creates a perfect space for cooking, serving meals, socialising and welcoming family and friends. Those who love entertaining will benefit from the open layout of a G-shaped kitchen as the open bench space allows you to interact with those cooking inside.
- Visual Impact. With a large open space and one entrance, the G-shaped kitchen can benefit from a feature wall or an elaborate kitchen splashback design as the eye is drawn to the center of the kitchen.
At Harrington Kitchens, our team of professionals will be with you every step of the way, from the initial design consultation to the installation of the final cabinet in your kitchen. If you are interested in a G-shaped kitchen layout or a have a kitchen design enquiry, do not hesitate to contact us.
Harrington Kitchens offers a wide variety of kitchen design and styles including:
- French Provincial Kitchens
- Modern Kitchens
- Classic Kitchens
- Laminate Kitchens
- Timber Kitchens
- Polyurethane Kitchens
- Country Kitchens
- Outdoor Kitchens
For more information on our various kitchen designs, please visit our Gallery. Our Gallery brings together a selection of our custom kitchen designs ranging from traditional to contemporary kitchens. Each kitchen style has the flexibility to work in any home environment and can be designed to suit all tastes and budgets.
The entire Harrington Kitchens team is focused on designing kitchens that utilise premium materials and offer each and every customer the highest level of service. Harrington Kitchens partners with the best quality kitchen suppliers within the kitchen manufacturing industry and employs experienced and professional tradesmen to ensure the longevity of your custom designed kitchen.
For a free quote and free design consultation
Please contact us at Harrington Kitchens on (02) 4647 4474 or submit an online enquiry. Alternatively you are welcome to visit the Harrington Kitchens Showroom at 12 Graham Hill Road Narellan NSW or 5 Old Hume Highway, Mittagong NSW.
See more great kitchen ideas in our Online Gallery.