Foodie Friday: With Easter here there’s nothing better than having some seafood! Incorporate king prawns into this delicious grilled asparagus with lemon herb butter fettuccine to impress all your guests.
Prep: 12 minutes
Cook: 12 minutes
- 2x375g packet Fettuccine
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody stems removed and cut into thirds
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 16 king prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- 30g Butter
- ¼ cup basil leaves, torn
- Preheat the BBQ to high or place a large grill pan over a high heat
- While the grill is heating, toss the asparagus and tomatoes in 2 tbsp of olive oil, and then season with salt and pepper. Once the grill is hot, cook the vegetables until charred, turning them regularly. Remove from the grill and place into a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook the fettuccini according to packet instructions, drain and set aside
- 5 minutes before the pasta is cooked, place a large fry pan over a medium high heat. Add 1 tsp olive oil to the pan and then add the garlic, chilli, lemon zest and juice and the prawns. Cook the prawns for 4 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Add the drained pasta to the prawns, along with the asparagus, tomatoes, Parmesan and butter. Toss all ingredients together until the butter melts. Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the basil leaves.
- Season to taste, and then serve immediately.