24 Jan Garlic & Chilli Prawns
Prep: 0:20 Mins
Cook: 0:10 Mins
- 1 lemon
- 250ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2kg medium green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Chargrilled crusty bread, to serve
Use a zester, or a vegetable peeler and a small sharp knife, to cut the lemon rind into thin strips.
Heat the oil, garlic and chilli in a large frying pan over low heat for 5 minutes or until aromatic but not coloured.
Increase heat to medium. Cook prawns for 1-2 minutes each side or until they curl and change colour. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the lemon rind. Divide the prawn mixture among serving dishes and top with the basil. Serve with bread.
Source link: www.taste.com.au