19 Oct Gourmet Steak Sandwich
Foodie Friday: This gourmet steak sandwich ticks the boxes for a perfect lunch or dinner. Deliciously tasty and quick to prepare! Mmmmm.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 4 x 150g silverside sandwich steaks
- 1 French baguette
- 3 onions, sliced
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 100g aioli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp thyme
- salt and pepper
- Caramelise the onions in a frypan with 1 tbsp oil, sugar, thyme, salt and pepper then remove from pan.
- In the same unwashed pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and heat it up. Add the mushrooms and cook for 1 minute, stirring often. Add salt and pepper to taste and then remove from pan.
- Heat the same pan or a grill, brush the meat with olive oil then cook on both sides.
- Cut baguette into 4 pieces, slice in half. Brush the bread with aioli and fill each with a steak, onions and mushrooms.