26 May Gyros – Greek Beef Burger
Foodie Friday: Opa! If you haven’t tried Gyros before you need to try this delicious burger like meal. Encompass traditional Greek culture with tzatziki , kalamata olives and juicy beef perfect for dinner any day of the week.
- 375g Coles Australian 4 Star Beef mince
- 1/3 cup (25g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 Coles Brand Australian free range egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- ½ cup (75g) pitted kalamata olives
- 75g fetta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup (140g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 pocket pita breads
- 60g Coles Brand Australian baby rocket
- 2 roma tomatoes, thickly sliced
- Finely chop half the olives. Combine the chopped olives, mince, breadcrumbs, egg, oregano, lemon rind and half the feta in a bowl. Season. Shape tablespoons of the mixture into meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, for 5-7 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt, garlic and 1 tablespoon warm water in a small bowl. Season.
- Spread pita breads with half the yoghurt mixture. Top with the rocket, tomato, remaining feta, remaining olives and meatballs. Drizzle with the remaining yoghurt mixture to serve.