Foodie Friday: Treat yourself to a delicious adapation of a popular favourite with Healthy Banana Bread. Go ahead and indulge in a little sweetness without the added guilt. You won’t be sorry. It tastes amazing!
Prep: 0:20 Mins
Cook: 0:55 Mins
- 100g (1 cup) coconut flour
- 160g (1 1/4 cups) wholemeal spelt flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 40g (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 50g (1/3 cup) coconut or rapadura sugar
- 3 large bananas, mashed (310g flesh), plus 1 extra, for decoration
- 3 eggs
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 160ml (2/3 cup) oat, soy or rice milk
- Maple syrup, to serve (optional)
Preheat oven to 180C/ 160C fan forced. Grease and line a 7.5cm deep, 22.5 x 8.5cm (base measurement) loaf pan with non-stick baking paper, allowing the long sides to overhang.
Combine the flours, baking powder, coconut, cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add the banana, eggs, oil and milk and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth surface. Very finely slice the remaining banana. Place banana slices, overlapping each over, to cover the entire surface of the loaf.
Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre. Slice and serve with a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.
Source link: www.taste.com.au