27 Jul Mediterranean Braised Lamb Forequarter Chops
Foodie Friday: Lamb chops are the perfect meal for those cooler evenings. This recipe is relatively quick and sure to satisfy the whole family.
- 4 lamb forequarter chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red capsicums, thickly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs oregano, plus extra small leaves to serve
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 1/4 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 500g baby chat potatoes, halved if large
- 1/3 cup black olives
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced.
- Season lamb chops. Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook lamb, in 2 batches, for 1-2 minutes each side or until well browned. Set aside. Reduce heat to medium. Cook onion, capsicum, garlic, bay leaf and oregano, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add wine and bring to the boil. When almost evaporated, return chops to pan with Massel Liquid Stock Vegetable Style and potatoes. Bring to the boil. Cover and bake in oven for 1 1/2 hours or until lamb is very tender.
- Serve sprinkled with black olives, extra oregano and crusty bread, if desired.