Foodie Friday: The perfect dinner for those who want to save time cooking and spend time doing the things they love. This is an easy sheet-pan salmon recipe for a simple, but delicious, dinner with minimal clean up. Plus, there will be left overs for lunches. It’s a win-win.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1½ tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1½ tablespoons dijon mustard
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped and divided
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 approx 1kg filet steelhead or King salmon, skin on
- 800 grams small new potatoes (red or white)
- 450 grams thin stalk asparagus, woody stems removed
- 4-6 cloves garlic, peeled, left whole and smashed with the side of a knife
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Line an 18 X 13 inch sheet pan with aluminum foil. Scatter the lemon slices on the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, grainy mustard and dijon mustard together. Season with salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon of the fresh dill. Place the salmon on the sheet pan and rub with the mustard sauce. Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Thinly slice the potatoes (leave the skin on) and place in a bowl with the asparagus and smashed garlic cloves. Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Scatter the vegetables on the sheet pan as evenly as possible. Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake the salmon and vegetables for 15-20 minutes or until desired doneness, checking the cook time at the 10-12 minute mark.
- Serve with additional mustard sauce if desired and sprinkle with fresh dill and more lemon wedges if you like.