15 Nov No Bake Rocky Road Cheesecake
Foodie Friday: With Christmas just around the corner it’s time to get a bit indulgent and start road testing some decadent desserts. I can’t think of a better place to start than right here with this No Bake Rocky Road Cheesecake! You don’t even have to do any cooking!!
- 3 x 160g blocks dark milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 x 250g packet butternut snap biscuits, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry marshmallows, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup glace cherries
- 1/2 cup roasted almond kernels
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons gelatine powder
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 125g punnet raspberries, plus extra to serve
- Extra 300ml thickened cream, whipped
- Mini pink and white marshmallows, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachio kernels
- Grease a 22cm round (base) springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place 400g chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%), stirring every 30 seconds, for 1 minute 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool for 15 minutes. Add biscuits, marshmallows, cherries and almonds. Press biscuit mixture into base of prepared pan, pressing firmly to compact
- Place boiling water in a small heatproof jug. Sprinkle over gelatine. Stir until gelatine dissolves. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, coconut and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add cream, beating until mixture thickens slightly. With motor operating, add gelatine mixture, beating until just combined. Fold in raspberries. Pour mixture into pan. Level top. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until set.
- Place remaining chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%), stirring every 30 seconds, for 1 minute or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Transfer cheesecake to a serving plate. Top with extra whipped cream, mini marshmallows, extra marshmallows and raspberries. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with pistachios. Serve.