Foodie Friday: This recipe for One-pan Chicken Cacciatore might not be what you’d consider gourmet. But when you want something that is tasty but quick and easy too (to cook and to clean up!) then this is just the thing. Who knew you could create a masterpiece using a base of chicken sausages and a can of spaghetti?!
Prep: 0:20 Mins
Cook: 0:30 Mins
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 lean chicken chipolata sausages
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 400g can basil and garlic diced tomatoes with paste
- 1/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 535g can spaghetti in tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- Chargrilled bread, to serve
Heat oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sausages. Cook, turning occasionally for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer sausages to a plate.
Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add capsicum. Cook for 2 minutes. Add canned tomatoes and stock. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Return sausages to pan. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until sausages are just cooked through.
Stir in spaghetti and kalamata olives. Place beans on top. Cover. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until sausages are just cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with oregano. Serve with chargrilled bread.
Source link: www.taste.com.au