14 Nov What to Choose? Open Shelving vs Cabinets
Your kitchen is a space where you mix style and functionality so why compromise one for the other? We regularly receive queries regarding storage options available for kitchens, in particular open shelving and cabinets. So, we have culminated the pros and cons of both open shelving and cabinets to help make the choice for you easier.
The break down:
No one has ever said they have too much storage so keeping in mind the need for an ample amount of storage is a large focus for any kitchen. Additional storage is also a great way to add value to your home, especially if you plan to sell in the future.
- Make you collectable items décor pieces by placing them on display
- Expands storage space – particularly for pons and pans as they no longer have to fit into awkward cupboard space
- Create a storage organisation system and you will be accountable in maintaining this organisation as all who step into the kitchen will see your open shelving
- Cheaper than installing cabinetry
- Makes kitchen space feel larger by opening up the space
- All your items are on display
- Maintaining organisation and cleaning as the space is open making it easier for items to get dirty
- Variety of cabinet styles and sizes
- Clean and composed style for a streamlined look
- Avoids a cluttered look and stored items are kept clean due to closed cabinet doors
- Storage is not flexible, particularly corner cabinets
- Challenging to fit large items away
- Takes up a lot of space making kitchen space seem smaller
- More expensive option to shelving
If you are indecisive, a mix of both cabinets and open shelving offer a great variety to suit all kitchens, functionality and style.
For guidance on choosing the right design that best suits your needs, seek the advice of the professionals in kitchen designs at Harrington Kitchens. We will ask the right questions to figure out your needs prior to giving you advice, to be sure that we design the best kitchen for your family and your lifestyle.
Harrington Kitchens offers a wide variety of kitchen design and styles including:
- French Provincial Kitchens
- Hampton Style Kitchens
- Modern Kitchens
- Classic Kitchens
- Laminate Kitchens
- Timber Kitchens
- Polyurethane Kitchens
- Country Kitchens
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Modern Farmhouse Kitchens
For more information on our various kitchen designs, please visit our Gallery. Our Gallery brings together a selection of our custom kitchen designs ranging from traditional to contemporary kitchens. Each kitchen style has the flexibility to work in any home environment and can be designed to suit all tastes and budgets.
The entire Harrington Kitchens team is focused on designing kitchens that utilise premium materials and offer each and every customer the highest level of service. Harrington Kitchens partners with the best quality kitchen suppliers within the kitchen manufacturing industry and employs experienced and professional tradesmen to ensure the longevity of your custom designed kitchen.
For a free quote and free design consultation Please contact us at Harrington Kitchens on (02) 4647 4474 or submit an online enquiry. Alternatively you are welcome to visit the Harrington Kitchens Showroom at 12 Graham Hill Road Narellan NSW or 5 Old Hume Highway, Mittagong NSW.
See more great kitchen ideas in our Online Gallery.