Foodie Friday: Enjoy the abnormally warm weather for spring this weekend by making this refreshing Quinoa, pomegranate, pumpkin and goat’s cheese salad.
- 300gm butternut pumpkin (about ½), diced
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 gm (1 cup) quinoa
- 1 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mint
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Seeds from ½ pomegranate
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 100g mashed goat’s cheese
- Preheat oven to 220C. Scatter pumpkin and onion on a roasting tray, drizzle with oil, season to taste and roast until caramelised (20 minutes).
- Cook quinoa in a saucepan of boiling salted water until tender (10-15 minutes), then drain and set aside in a sieve to drain completely.
- Combine remaining ingredients except cheese in a bowl, add roasted pumpkin, onion and quinoa and toss to combine. Season to taste and serve scattered with crumbled goat’s cheese.