Foodie Friday: Give yourself a good serve of yummy vegetables in this hearty Pumpkin and Broccoli Ricotta Pasta Bake. We guarantee you’ll leave the dinner table feeling happy and well-fed ? Mmm!
Prep: 20 Mins
Cook: 30 Mins
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 250g dried rigatoni pasta
- 400g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen peas, corn, and capsicum mix
- 250g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup grated pizza cheese
Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Spray a 2 litre (8 cup-capacity) ovenproof dish.
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain.
Meanwhile, cook pumpkin in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 5 to 6 minutes, adding broccoli and frozen vegetable mix for last 3 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Combine ricotta, egg, thyme and 1/2 cup cheese in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir pumpkin mixture and pasta into ricotta mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and firm to touch. Serve.