23 Jun Satay Pork Salad
Foodie Friday: If you’re short on time and need to make a meal fast this is your answer!
- 250g rice vermicelli noodles
- 4 (150g each) pork loin medallions
- 270g jar satay sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped unsalted peanuts, plus extra to serve
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 small red onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, diagonally sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into long thin strips (see notes)
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- Lime halves, to serve
- Prepare noodles following packet directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place pork in a glass or ceramic dish. Add 1/3 cup satay sauce. Rub to coat. Sprinkle one side of each pork steak with sesame seeds and peanuts. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook pork, peanut mixture-side down, for 4 minutes. Turn. Cook for a further 4 minutes or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 5 minutes to rest. Slice pork.
- Meanwhile, finely chop 1/2 the onion. Heat remaining oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chopped onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until softened. Add remaining satay sauce and 1/3 cup water. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Thinly slice remaining onion.
- Arrange noodles, onion, cucumber, carrot, tomato, mint and pork among bowls. Spoon over satay sauce. Sprinkle with extra peanuts. Serve with lime halves.