Foodie Friday: These Strawberry Scone Cakes are the perfect afternoon delight. Add a cup of your favourite warm beverage, and indulge in this delicious interpretation of a popular treat.
Prep: 0:25 Mins
Cook: 0:15 Mins
- 200g butter, chilled, chopped
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 2/3 cup (160ml) buttermilk
- 80g strawberries, hulled, chopped
- 1 Australian free range egg, lightly whisked
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean extract, extra
- 250g strawberries, extra, halved
Preheat oven to 220C. Grease a 12-hole, 1/3 cup (80ml) muffin pan.
Process butter, flour, baking powder, caster sugar and vanilla in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Transfer to a bowl. Using a round-bladed knife, stir in buttermilk and chopped strawberries until mixture just comes together. Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead 2 or 3 times. Roll mixture into 12 balls and place one ball in each of the prepared holes. Press to flatten slightly. Brush with egg. Bake for 12-13 mins or until risen and golden. Stand 2 mins. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Whisk cream, icing sugar and extra vanilla bean until soft peaks form. Top cakes with whipped cream and strawberries.
Source link: www.taste.com.au