Foodie Friday: There’s nothing quite like enjoying a warm breakfast on a cold winter morning. Treat yourself this weekend with this delicious breakfast risotto.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 4 cups (1 litre) reduced fat milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways
- 40g low-fat dairy spread
- 1 cup (200g) Doongara rice
- 250g Angus Park traditional fruit salad
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Berri apple juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Place milk into a saucepan. Scrape seeds from bean into milk and add bean also. Heat milk but do not boil.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan. Add rice, cook, stirring, for 2 minutes until rice is coated.
- Add 1 cup of the hot milk to rice and stir until the milk is absorbed. Continue to add 1 cup of milk at a time, stirring often, until the milk is absorbed and rice is tender and creamy.
- Place fruit salad mix in a heatproof bowl. Bring the apple juice to the boil. Pour over fruit salad. Allow to soak for 10 minutes. Drain. Divide the warm risotto between serving dishes. Top with the fruit and a drizzle of the maple syrup.