Many people come in asking for a modern kitchen, but what exactly does a modern kitchen look like? This can mean many different things to different people. How do you know if this is the right style for you? To help, we have compiled a list of the 8 elements that you will find in a modern kitchen.
- Flat panel doors. This is a signature element of modern kitchen design. This creates a sleek look which is what the modern design is all about.
- Frameless cabinet construction. All this means is that the door overlays the cabinet box. So when you look at the cabinet, all you see are the doors, the cabinet box is not visible which is the case in many traditional kitchens. Using these cabinets also allows you to have the exact same spacing between all cabinets and drawers.
- Sleek and simple hardware. In most modern kitchens you will find hardware that’s integrated into the cabinets, as well as tubular handles and flat linear handles. The horizontal lines of the cabinets are usually accentuated by the hardware which often runs the length of the cabinet doors and drawers.
- Lack of ornamentation. In a modern kitchen you won’t see patterned tiles, different shapes or multiple materials and textures. The splashback is often glass to tie in with the sleek look.
- Natural beauty. While the typical modern kitchen lacks ornamentation in the way of patterns and shapes, there is often a little ornamentation through natural materials. The horizontal grain of oak or the veining of marble can often be found to add some variety to the kitchen.
- Use of horizontal lines. It may not be obvious at first, but when you look more closely at a modern kitchen you will see that they usually tend towards the use of horizontal lines. Whether it’s drawers in a row, handles or grooves, they usually are placed in a line horizontally.
- Accent pieces. In a modern kitchen, all of the accent pieces such as bar stools, lighting, chairs and tables, will stay consistent, unlike an eclectic kitchen where all of these accent pieces may vary.
- Industrial elements. There are many industrial elements that can be found in modern kitchens. Things such as concrete walls, floors or benchtops can really complete the look in a modern kitchen.
Here at Harrington Kitchens we can help you create your dream kitchen no matter what your style. We strive to create a kitchen that you will love and that will last.
Harrington Kitchens offers a wide variety of kitchen designs and styles including:
- French Provincial Kitchens
- Modern Kitchens
- Classic Kitchens
- Laminate Kitchens
- Timber Kitchens
- Polyurethane Kitchens
- Country Kitchens
- Outdoor Kitchens
For more information on our various kitchen designs, please visit our Gallery. Our Gallery brings together a selection of our custom kitchen designs ranging from traditional to contemporary kitchens. Each kitchen style has the flexibility to work in any home environment and can be designed to suit all tastes and budgets.
The entire Harrington Kitchens team is focused on designing kitchens that utilise premium materials and offer each and every customer the highest level of service. Harrington Kitchens partners with the best quality kitchen suppliers within the kitchen manufacturing industry and employs experienced and professional tradesmen to ensure the longevity of your custom designed kitchen.
For a free quote and free design consultation please contact us at Harrington Kitchens on (02) 4647 4474 or submit an online enquiry, alternatively you are welcome to visit the Harrington Kitchens Showroom at 12 Graham Hill Road Narellan NSW or 5 Old Hume Highway, Mittagong NSW.
See more great kitchen ideas in our Online Gallery.