Foodie Friday: Try these Easy Veggie Enchiladas as a meat-free alternative to a mexican favourite. A great choice for your Good Friday menu too.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 40g pkt burrito spice mix
- 1/2 cup (125ml) medium tomato salsa
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 425g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 3/4 cup (120g) frozen corn kernels
- 4 small flour tortillas
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup (60g) grated tasty cheddar
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- Heat the vegetable oil in a 22cm (base measurement) deep flameproof frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 mins or until onion softens. Add the capsicum and zucchini and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until capsicum softens.
- Add the spice mix and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant. Stir in the tomato salsa, chopped tomato and 1 cup (250ml) water and bring to the boil. Add the beans and corn. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 mins or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Preheat grill on high. Coarsely tear tortillas into pieces and arrange over bean mixture. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with cheddar. Cook under grill for 2-3 mins or until tortillas are lightly browned and crisp. Top with dollops of sour cream. Sprinkle with coriander.