13 Jan Elements of a Classic Kitchen
Classic kitchen styles are timeless and last through the ages. The classic kitchen style is extremely popular as it is a warm and inviting design. When choosing a classic kitchen design, aesthetics and practicality are primary considerations. Here are some elements of classic kitchen style to add great value to your home.
- Simple Architectural Design. In some kitchens the architecture alone influences a classic kitchen style. As one of the simplest designs, ensure balance and symmetry in design.
- White or Cream Cabinets. White Kitchens define a classic kitchen style. A fresh white look with no over the top features is comfortable and adjustable to any style.
- Neutral Palette. You don’t have to have an all-white kitchen for a classic feel. Alternative palettes such as neutral or brown still have elements of a classic kitchen when paired with white marble and classic door styles. Try mixing stained and painted cabinetry or choose neutral coloured subway tiles instead of white.
- Monochrome Bench Tops. Classic kitchens are timeless with black or white bench tops in granite or Caesar stone. Dark contrasts like black bench tops can help offset an overpowering white kitchen. Although marble is a high maintenance material, the beauty of white marble bench tops are often the focal point of a classic kitchen.
- White Subway Tiles. Subway tiles are often used as a kitchen splashback surrounding cabinets and countertops. The elements and proportions can really change the look of your classic kitchen. Choose glossy, square edged, handmade or white marble subway tiles too complete this timeless, quality design.
- Simple Cabinet Door Styles. Another aspect that defines a classic style is simple cabinet doors. Keep it simple when choosing cabinetry in a classic design. Avoid raised panel or flat panel doors which are often seen in modern kitchens.
- Flexibility. Classic kitchens are very adaptable as you can easily change the look and feel of the kitchen by adding a modern, traditional or vintage touch. Add alternate bar stools, tiles or lighting to incorporate your personal style to a classic look. This style is easy if you ever want to change the design later down the track as it won’t cost you a fortune.
Classic kitchens are a fresh statement that can be a perfect starting point for your own design style. Here at Harrington Kitchens our experienced designers understand you and your family’s style and needs to create the best kitchen solution for you.
Harrington Kitchens offers a wide variety of kitchen designs and styles including:
- French Provincial Kitchens
- Modern Kitchens
- Classic Kitchens
- Laminate Kitchens
- Timber Kitchens
- Polyurethane Kitchens
- Country Kitchens
- Outdoor Kitchens
For more information on our various kitchen designs, please visit our Gallery. Our Gallery brings together a selection of our custom kitchen designs ranging from traditional to contemporary kitchens. Each kitchen style has the flexibility to work in any home environment and can be designed to suit all tastes and budgets.
The entire Harrington Kitchens team is focused on designing kitchens that utilise premium materials and offer each and every customer the highest level of service. Harrington Kitchens partners with the best quality kitchen suppliers within the kitchen manufacturing industry and employs experienced and professional tradesmen to ensure the longevity of your custom designed kitchen.
For a free quote and free design consultation please contact us at Harrington Kitchens on (02) 4647 4474 or submit an online enquiry, alternatively you are welcome to visit the Harrington Kitchens Showroom at 12 Graham Hill Road Narellan NSW or 5 Old Hume Highway, Mittagong NSW.
See more great kitchen ideas in our Online Gallery.