The kitchen is the room where extra storage is most needed. People are always looking for new ways to fit an extra cupboard in here or a shelf in there to optimise their space in the kitchen. Storage trends have been changing a lot over the past few years, so we’ve made a list of our top 5 kitchen storage trends.
- Organise your recycling. People are becoming more and more conscious about recycling and package separating, and this is reflected in kitchen storage. It is hard to find room for all of your recycling. A good idea is to store your recycling under your sink. You can install pull-out bins to make them easy to access and can have dividers within the bins to keep everything separate and recycle correctly. This is also popular because you utilise all of the space under your sink which, in many kitchens, gets cluttered and space is wasted.
- Utilise your island. Make the most of the space under your island bench by including custom made drawers and cabinets. By installing tailor made drawers for your cutlery, pots and pans and dinnerware, you can functionally organise your belongings, while keeping them beautifully presented. This not only makes your drawers less cluttered but also means that all space is used.
- Invest in space saving doors. Sliding doors and lift up door systems make the world of difference when it comes to saving space. These doors are good because they don’t encroach on your bench space or the space inside the cupboard. You can even get shelves that attach to the underside of your top cabinets and pull down to offer storage of small items such as utensils or herbs and spices.
- Make the most of corner cabinets. Whilst the galley style kitchen is the most popular style of kitchen at the moment, however if you are trying to make the most of your space, sometimes corner cupboards are unavoidable. This does not mean that you have to waste space though. Corner cupboards are often hard to reach into and end up becoming a jumbled mess of plastic containers or pots and pans. This problem can be solved by installing pull out, or swivelling shelving into the corner cupboards. This will allow you to reach all items in your cupboard and will keep everything much neater.
- If there’s a space, use it! If there is a small gap between your cabinet and the wall or the floor, don’t try to cover it up, use this space. These are the best spaces for thin purpose built cupboards or drawers and often people design their kitchen to make sure they can fit these into the design. You can use these spaces for a custom built spice rack, utensil hanger, or to hold cups and glasses.
We hope these top 5 storage solutions will help you when designing or renovating your kitchen.
Here at Harrington Kitchens our experienced designers understand you and your families style and needs to create the best kitchen solution for you.
Harrington Kitchens offers a wide variety of kitchen designs and styles including:
- French Provincial Kitchens
- Modern Kitchens
- Classic Kitchens
- Laminate Kitchens
- Timber Kitchens
- Polyurethane Kitchens
- Country Kitchens
- Outdoor Kitchens
For more information on our various kitchen designs, please visit our Gallery. Our Gallery brings together a selection of our custom kitchen designs ranging from traditional to contemporary kitchens. Each kitchen style has the flexibility to work in any home environment and can be designed to suit all tastes and budgets.
The entire Harrington Kitchens team is focused on designing kitchens that utilise premium materials and offer each and every customer the highest level of service. Harrington Kitchens partners with the best quality kitchen suppliers within the kitchen manufacturing industry and employs experienced and professional tradesmen to ensure the longevity of your custom designed kitchen.
For a free quote and free design consultation please contact us at Harrington Kitchens on (02) 4647 4474 or submit an online enquiry, alternatively you are welcome to visit the Harrington Kitchens Showroom at 12 Graham Hill Road Narellan NSW or 5 Old Hume Highway, Mittagong NSW.
See more great kitchen ideas in our Online Gallery.