13 Dec One-pot Creamy Lemon Pork Pasta
Foodie Friday: At such a busy time of year it’s important to have a selection of quick and easy dinner recipes on hand that you can have on the table in no time, but that taste great too.
This one-pot creamy lemon pork pasta is just the thing you need.
Prep: 0:10 Mins
Cook: 0:30 Mins
- 500g Italian pork sausages
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 litre salt-reduced chicken stock
- 300ml light thickened cream for cooking
- 300g penne pasta
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated extra sharp parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Lemon zest, to serve
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
Remove sausages from casings. Roughly crumble meat. Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add leek. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds to until fragrant.
Add stock and half the cream. Bring to the boil. Add pasta. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until pasta is almost tender. Add broccolini. Cook for a further 4 minutes or until pasta and broccolini are just tender. Stir in remaining cream, lemon juice and parmesan. Stir until parmesan just melts.
Serve pasta topped with extra parmesan, lemon zest and basil.
Source link: www.taste.com.au