Choosing your kitchen layout can be one of the most important decisions when planning your kitchen, as it is the beginning point of your design process. Functional kitchen designs are continuing to incorporate spacious family living with open-planned layouts and seamless transitions from cooking, entertaining and relaxing.
Modern kitchen layouts are being designed with an emphasis on ‘liveability’ to accommodate to busy families. Here’s how to make your cooking, dining and relaxing spaces blend effortlessly.
An open planned kitchen will give the illusion of more space with increased natural light. When planning your kitchen renovation you may decide to remove a wall to remove the barrier between your cooking space and your social space.
Open kitchen layouts provide a versatile space for ease of entertaining and preparation. It is important to create zones for each region of cooking, dining and relaxing.
- Flooring: create a flow with your flooring from zone to zone by using the same material throughout. You might like to use tiles in your kitchen and main area and then use a rug in your living area to add warmth. Try not to contrast the colours and finishes too much as this can make your space appear visually smaller.
- Decor: When selecting furnishings, materials and fabrics for your kitchen décor, ensure each zone has similar shades and colour palettes to tie the areas together.
- Colours and Textures: When choosing materials for each area, they don’t have to match but should complement each other so they enhance the visual barrier of each space.
When choosing your kitchen layout, think about how you can cook, clean, eat and socialise in your kitchen and make sure it best suits your family lifestyle. Don’t hesitate to contact the professionals at Harrington Kitchens to discuss your kitchen renovation plans. Our expert designers will listen to your needs and lifestyle and incorporate this into the perfect kitchen design for you and your family.
Harrington Kitchens offers a wide variety of kitchen design and styles including:
- French Provincial Kitchens
- Hampton Style Kitchens
- Modern Kitchens
- Classic Kitchens
- Laminate Kitchens
- Timber Kitchens
- Polyurethane Kitchens
- Country Kitchens
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Modern Farmhouse Kitchens
For more information on our various kitchen designs, please visit our Gallery. Our Gallery brings together a selection of our custom kitchen designs ranging from traditional to contemporary kitchens. Each kitchen style has the flexibility to work in any home environment and can be designed to suit all tastes and budgets.
The entire Harrington Kitchens team is focused on designing kitchens that utilise premium materials and offer each and every customer the highest level of service. Harrington Kitchens partners with the best quality kitchen suppliers within the kitchen manufacturing industry and employs experienced and professional tradesmen to ensure the longevity of your custom designed kitchen.
For a free quote and free design consultation
Please contact us at Harrington Kitchens on (02) 4647 4474 or submit an online enquiry. Alternatively you are welcome to visit the Harrington Kitchens Showroom at 12 Graham Hill Road Narellan NSW or 5 Old Hume Highway, Mittagong NSW.
See more great kitchen ideas in our Online Gallery.