The space above your kitchen cabinets can be a waste of space. It either stays unused and bare, or houses decoration which collects dust. This space doesn’t have to be wasted; it can in fact be a great storage space. Below are our five storage ideas to get the most out of your kitchen.
- If you are building a brand new kitchen, then you may want to extend the cabinets so that they go all the way to the ceiling. This ensures that no space is wasted.
- Baskets are a really good way to utilise the space above the cabinets. It looks great and it’s simple to do! If you are building your kitchen from scratch and don’t want cabinets all the way to the ceiling, you could add dividers that stretch from the ceiling to the top of the cabinets to make designated spots for the baskets and they will seem like part of the cabinet.
- Having your cabinetry custom built means that you can have a wine rack built into this space to house your favourite wines. This makes it easy for you to access your wines and also adds something interesting to the kitchen.
- This space could also be used to keep your indoor plants. This will look great and is a good way to bring some colour and nature into the kitchen. It keeps the plants out of the way, but still able to admired by all. This would work particularly well if your kitchen opened out onto an outdoor area to bring a bit of the outdoors in.
- Another idea which is practical as well as decorative is to store your empty vases and platters up there. These are things that aren’t always in use, but it would still be nice to have them on display. Keeping vases and platters on top of your cabinets is great because it looks beautiful and also keeps them out of the way without being hidden.
There are many ways to utilize the space above your cabinets; it doesn’t have to be a dull waste of space. At Harrington Kitchens we have plenty of storage solutions for all spaces in the kitchen. We have kitchen designers who will listen to what is important to you and incorporate these things into your kitchen.
Harrington Kitchens offers a wide variety of kitchen designs and styles including:
- French Provincial Kitchens
- Modern Kitchens
- Classic Kitchens
- Laminate Kitchens
- Timber Kitchens
- Polyurethane Kitchens
- Country Kitchens
- Outdoor Kitchens
For more information on our various kitchen designs, please visit our Gallery. Our Gallery brings together a selection of our custom kitchen designs ranging from traditional to contemporary kitchens. Each kitchen style has the flexibility to work in any home environment and can be designed to suit all tastes and budgets.
The entire Harrington Kitchens team is focused on designing kitchens that utilise premium materials and offer each and every customer the highest level of service. Harrington Kitchens partners with the best quality kitchen suppliers within the kitchen manufacturing industry and employs experienced and professional tradesmen to ensure the longevity of your custom designed kitchen.
For a free quote and free design consultation please contact us at Harrington Kitchens on (02) 4647 4474 or submit an online enquiry, alternatively you are welcome to visit the Harrington Kitchens Showroom at 12 Graham Hill Road Narellan NSW or 5 Old Hume Highway, Mittagong NSW.
See more great kitchen ideas in our Online Gallery.